January 14, 2021 Update:
We are so happy about today’s announcement that we can reopen on Monday, January 18th, albeit to spa only, but hopefully yoga will follow soon! We learned a lot about perseverance, dedication and loyalty over the last while and we thank the Bliss family for staying true!
We will continue to stagger appointment start times with protective measures in place and to maintain our current high standards in sanitation practices that allow us to exceed the provincial guidelines.
Our online store remains open for spa and yoga, and you can select contactless curbside pick up or delivery.
Yoga will continue to be offered virtually via live stream through MindBody and our extensive Vimeo library, and we hope to offer an update soon for our yoga re-opening.
December 23 Update:
Beginning December 27, we have been permitted to open Massage Therapy Services with the understanding of our social responsibility, and in adherence with the limitations outlined by both the Chief Medical Officer and all massage associations.
- Clients will be required to provide a referral letter that will be kept on file (valid if issued within the last 12 months). You have the option of texting a photo, emailing a photo or bringing in the referral with you (firstname.lastname@example.org). We cannot complete the treatment without this form prior to your appointment.
- Couples massages will not be booked until we resume full spa operations.
- Clients will be required to wear masks during the face up exposed portion of treatment; This restriction will continue into 2021 until further notice
- All Covid 19 prevention protocols will continue to be in place.
December 12 update:
With heavy hearts we we will be closing for the mandated four week shut down effective December 13. While this news is hard to hear for not only us and our staff, but for so many small local businesses - we truly hope that it will help to lower the province’s numbers.
Our online retail will be available with contactless curb side pick up and delivery options. Acupuncture appointments will still be available on Tuesdays, Fridays and Saturdays during the closure. In person retail will also be available with capacity limits in place and modified business hours; rest assured we will have front desk staff on every day to assist you.
It is so important to maintain our mental and physical well-being during these times of stress and unknown, so we are happy to continue to offer online yoga both Streaming and Vimeo.
We have, and will continue to uphold the highest in cleaning and disinfecting protocols. Diligently following the AHS guidelines allowed us to operate COVID free.
Our heartfelt thanks to everyone who continues to support us, it is the strength of this community that will keep us moving stronger than ever into 2021!
Thank you again for your unwavering support. It means the world!
November 12, 2020 UPDATE:
Yoga Class Suspension
In accordance with the announcement made today by the Government of Alberta, we will be temporarily closing our in-studio classes for 14 days starting Friday, November 13th. This is a mandatory measure in response to recent developments with COVID-19, and is intended to ensure the health and well-being of our Bliss family and our community.
Although in-studio classes & registered classes are cancelled during this period, we strongly encourage you to continue your practice with us online with streaming classes and our Vimeo subscription. Yoga is so important for our mental well-being and we want you to continue to benefit from it. Your studio pass is good for all streaming classes and we will keep our current yoga class schedule.
Our November Yoga Challenge will continue without interruption with streaming classes counting towards your class count for the month. These are accessible through our app, our website and the MindBody app. (Please note that Vimeo does not count towards the Challenge)
Our spa operations will remain open and we will continue to stagger appointment start times with protective measures in place and to maintain our current high standards that allow us to exceed the provincial guidelines for our clients who choose a self care retreat with peace of mind. We want to continue to be a place of respite during these truly uncertain times.
We will continue to follow up with AHS to confirm that yoga is included in the group fitness class closure and update you as we know more, including our confirmed reopening date. We continue to be in awe of this incredible community; your support humbles us and we are forever grateful.
June 12 UPDATE:
Bliss Yoga Spa is committed to providing a safe facility for our guests and our team. Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic we have implemented new measures as per AHS guidelines. Please read about our amended measures before entering our facility.
- A Client Screening Waiver must be completed on the day of service or yoga class either via our online option through conﬁrmations or in person on the day of service.
- We will not honour appointments or classes with anyone who is displaying symptoms or has afﬁrmed on the waiver that they have symptoms; or afﬁrmed travel internationally or inter-provincially.
- Team members are also screened daily with the same guidelines as client screening.
- While all steps will be taken to prevent cancellations on our part, we may not be able to honour your appointment if your scheduled provider displays symptoms on the day of your treatment.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Due to the close contact nature of spa treatments; your treatment provider will be wearing both a face mask and a shield during your treatment to protect both themselves and our clients. Yoga teachers will have this plus gloves when handing out lemon grass scented towels after class.
- Support team members have also been issued shields and masks
- Mask usage is mandatory for all guests in client common areas such as locker rooms, lounges, and the caldarium.
- Mask usage is recommended in our pedicure room due to the enclosed nature of the space. Our chairs are distanced six feet apart and there are curtains separating treatment spaces, however based on room capacity, the extra measure of client masks is advised.
- Clients are asked to bring their own personal use mask or one can be purchased at our front desk before entering our client common areas within the facility.
- Students may remove their masks once on their mats.
- Yoga Classes are limited to 15 students with mat placement clearly marked.
Renewed Sanitation and Practices
- Guests are asked to maintain social distance whenever possible.
- A hand sanitizing station is located in the front reception and guests will be asked to sanitize upon arrival.
- Spa clients will be asked to wash their hands in the treatment room prior to the start of select services.
- Disinfected spa sandals are still available, however guests are welcome to bring their own indoor use sandals.
- Spa and yoga lounge seating will be sprayed with a soft surface disinfectant, and and marked as sanitized between guests.
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning and sanitizing our client common areas including showers, relaxation spaces, lockers, locker rooms, and lobby area with medical grade products.
- Food and beverage service has been suspended; single use water is available in the spa lounge for spa guests. There is a tap for yoga with sanitizer next to it.
- Treatment spaces and the yoga studio have always been sanitized with medical grade products, however we have increased these protocols, controls and monitoring of sanitation practises between clients and minimized the contact points during treatment set-up.
- To increase locker room monitoring controls, lockers will be assigned to spa guests and sanitized between use.
- Client outerwear such as jacket and coats will not be collected and stored in our front closet. Please use your supplied locker.
- Cash payments are still accepted but we encourage guests to use contactless methods such as credit card or debit card payments.
- We ask our patrons to please ask for assistance with all retail products and to reduce contact.
- Clothing will be steamed and stored for 24 hours following client contact, if not purchased.
May 29 UPDATE:
We are in the preliminary stages of planning for our re opening of our spa. Upon announcing the first phase of economic reopening the government of Alberta indicated that the second phase would occur following June 19. We are tentatively scheduling Spa appointments as of June 22nd. This date is entirely dependent on approval by the governing bodies in Alberta. We will notify as soon as possible of any changes to your new booking as a result of government approval delays.
In order to commence the recall of our talented team we are gauging our needs based on client bookings.
In order to ensure public safety, we will be implementing various measures. We will commence operations with fewer appointment availability and as such specific treatment providers may not yet be available for bookings. We do have providers available to complete all of our treatment offerings including all med spa services, general esthetics and massage. Sanitation practises have been increased and our treatment team has been supplied with PPE such as face shields and masks. To ensure the health and safety of our clients and team members, we will be increasing our client screening prior to scheduled appointments and implementing a mask policy in client common areas. Further information on these new measures will be included in your appointment confirmations.
You can be assured that our re opening has been planned to provide you all the care and quality you have come to expect of Bliss YogaSpa.
Appointments can be booked online or over the phone. Our spa booking schedule is currently updated to include June, July and August.
We so look forward to welcoming you back!
March 22 UPDATE:
It is with the heaviest of hearts that we announce the temporary suspension of appointments and classes at Bliss YogaSpa effective March 22. As social distancing is an important part of the halt of this virus, we feel that for the safety of our team and our clients/students we must close our doors for the time being.
At this time, we are planning on reopening the spa on April 13 and are booking appointments on that date. Anything that was booked after that date will be left on the schedule. We will reopen yoga as soon as the government allows. As this is a fluid situation, we will monitor as this pandemic evolves and will be in contact with the Bliss family if the date changes. Our team is busy contacting everyone with appointments during this time as we do still have some availability through Saturday, and feel confident in the safety and sanitation of our facility. We will have a skeleton staff on during this time to answer calls, emails and arrange product pickups and delivery!
To maintain your home skin health routine and encourage your home-based yoga practise, we are happy to present the option of online shopping for all of our retail offerings. We will deliver to your home free of charge or have curb-side pickup available during this time period (we will contact you after the purchase to arrange delivery/pickup). Gift cards are still available on-line and can be emailed to the recipient for any special occasions coming up! We will have a skeleton staff on hand each day to answer any questions you may have.
We will also be launching our online yoga options so stay tuned as we put this in place. As well, all current yoga passes will be extended once we are back and running!
We can’t express our gratitude enough at the outpouring of support of our Bliss Family. Our small business and our 50 employees are dependent upon this community and we thank you so much for your patronage and positive words. We cannot wait to open our doors again! Stay safe and stay positive!
In accordance with the Government of Canada, if you have travelled outside Canada, it is important to monitor your health when you return to Canada. While abroad, you may have come in contact with the novel coronavirus. PHAC asks that you monitor your health for fever, cough and difficulty breathing for 14 days after you arrive in Canada.
For the safety of our staff and clients, we are asking that anyone who has been travelling internationally or has come in contact with someone who has been travelling within the last two weeks to reschedule their appointments or cancel attendance to one of our yoga offerings until after a two-week waiting period to ensure the safety of the public and our team. In addition to screening upon arrival for yoga and spa, we have also decreased yoga class sizes for social distancing. As is always the case, if you have any symptoms related to colds, flus or COVID-19, please reschedule your appointment. We will be waiving our cancellation policy for these instances.
As of March 17, 2020, we have closed all of our yoga offerings due to the close proximity of our students. It was a difficult decision to make but in the best interest of our students and teachers.
As an internal company measure, we have also imposed a two-week return to work waiting period for any of our team members who have been travelling internationally or have been in contact with travellers. Bliss YogaSpa has always had the highest standards for cleanliness and we will continue to do our part with the use of medical grade cleaning solutions and the continued adherence to thorough cleaning procedures of our entire facility.